Skip to content
- High speed rail links should be built but mainly in Northern England I believe that investment in the North of England is long overdue A large sum of money should be invested in this and not HS2 and spent on Yorkshire/Lancashire: Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Manchester, Huddersfield and York are just a few places that would benefit.
- Bus travel should be free – this would speed up bus journeys as the driver would not have to be distracted by passengers.
- Park and Drive centres should be set up and bus trackers should be set up.
Id cards should be setup for travel and owners of cars should be encouraged to pick up hitch-hickers with a large prizes given to those who have accumulated the most hitch-hicked miles for driver and passengers alike. The use of Id cards is a very subjective one but it could be used constructively.
- I would like to introduce the idea of green miles to all forms of transport with the value of green mile prizes offset against duty paid on oil.
- I believe that in the U.K. we are capable of producing our own make of state of the art cars and it is very depressing to see how many cars are not made in this country.
- I would make all new cars electric with standard universal parts.